Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change,
advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are
an international non-profit organization with a membership base that spans around 100
countries, and promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of
health, ecology, fairness, and care.
It’s an exciting time to join our team. In a growing international organization demands on
Information Technology (IT) are also increasing. To support our Governance Team, we
are looking for a Student IT Assistant.
We work in a Mac-based office environment and we maintain several inhouse Mac/Linux
Servers and several Linux (Ubuntu 16,18,20)-based webservers. As IT Assistant you
prepare computers for new colleagues and you learn to take over basic tasks of the
infrastructure maintenance. You also act as a first-level support for our team in Bonn and
occasionally also for colleagues working from abroad. As a proactive team player, you
are working collaboratively as part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team of 25 and
based in Bonn, Germany, reporting to the Sr. Manager Membership & Operations.
• Preparing & Configuration of Mac machines for the new colleagues;
• Independently support the office team in IT matters (Office 365/Salesforce/MacOS);
• Maintain parts of our network infrastructure;
• Ensure website and server security by checking for threats and applying security updates.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Experience in IT support;
• Familiar with the macOS operating system;
• Experience with at least one Linux distribution, e.g. Ubuntu;
• Familiar with the command line;
• Experience with Microsoft 365/Salesforce is a plus point;
• Experience with Wordpress CMS is a plus point
• Ability to communicate in English, additional languages (e.g. German, French and/or
Spanish) are valued;
• Ability to resolve problems independently;
• Responsible, reliable and service-oriented.