🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 400,000 members, representing over €275m+ of annualized revenue. We raised a further €183m in a series E funding round in 2022 bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ The Engineering team ⭐️
In our engineering team, we build the infrastructure, interfaces, and applications to provide first-class service to our members, health professionals, and even ourselves!
Being an engineer at Alan means joining a team of talented, committed and passionate engineers, with a lot of product interaction.
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
Our process is very simple: those who make product decisions are the same ones who build them.
Our stack is Python/Flask, React/Redux, React Native, PostgreSQL.
Want to know more? Read this article if you want to:
- Discover how life as an Engineer at Alan looks like, and how our Engineering team is organised: https://blog.alan.com/tech-et-produit/engineering-organisation-at-alan
⭐️ Is it you we’re looking for? ⭐️
We are looking for engineers with 3+ years of experience to help us scale our Engineering community from different perspectives (product, tech, and internal organization-wise):
- You’ll be able to tackle high-impact & high-risk projects involving many engineers.
- You'll design efficient systems and engineering practices to align with and facilitate interactions between multiple teams/products.
- You’ll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers & lead crews (more details in this article).
- You'll be able to contribute to hiring your future coworkers and shape candidates' hiring experience (improving our technical assessment process etc...)
You would be a good fit at Alan if most of this sounds like you:
- Passionate about building products.
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial.
- Humble and still willing to grow (no matter your seniority!).
- Collaborative, enthusiastic about teamwork, learning, and teaching.
- Fluent in English (no need to speak French!).
But above all, we are looking for high potential and curiosity: make sure to show us this when you apply! Everything else is a bonus.
For more details on how engineers can grow at Alan, take a look at our Engineering career path: https://medium.com/alan/engineering-career-path-at-alan-e5de5c2e740c