Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
🌏 Location:You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're living in (or willing to relocate to) either Germany, France, Italy, Serbia or Spain.
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Senior Ruby Backend Engineer to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love.
⚡ Impact: You will be part of a team of 100 highly skilled back-end engineers from all over the world. You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will also take part in the direction of our banking product, manage how we will handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Senior Ruby Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Design, develop and maintain our APIs for maximum resilience, scalability, robustness, and security
• Build new applications and services to support our APIs and internal tools to help us move faster with confidence and quality
• Play an active role in the architecture at Qonto to better support our growing user base and scaling needs
• Maintain our high level of quality through TDD, documentation, pairing, and learning
• Help scale our backend code base while maintaining our strong engineering culture
• Share your knowledge and learnings through internal and external talks, & participate in the development of open-source tools
Our primary languages are Ruby, Golang and Python for backend, EmberJS for frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our mobile apps. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice. We're also using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
• Experience: You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience in Ruby!
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, with an interest in solving problems and delivering value.
• Impact maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark.
• Quality-driven: You follow best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews.
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded engineer eager to learn.
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues.
• Languages: You are fluent in English.
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply, and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know 😉