The Pennylane mission
Our mission at Pennylane is to empower Accountants and businesses to become more productive and collaborative. Through our B2B SaaS platform accountants and businesses are able to save significant amounts of time by simplifying data-entry, invoice management and reconciliation tasks allowing them to spend more time advising their clients and building new business opportunities.
We aim to become the most beloved financial operating system in Europe.
Pennylane is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 3 years of existence, we’ve managed to :
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €84 millions, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from the Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more...
👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 350+ happy Pennylaners (180 of them on the Product & Tech side) : we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 5/5 rating on Glassdoor and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 30 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 35% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
🤝 Earn the trust of thousands of customers and accounting firms and obtain outstanding ratings
Design at Pennylane
Design sits at the centre of this mission and its purpose is to deliver a seamless, accessible and enjoyable experience for our users. Our team of 20+ product designers work across different tracks that are divided into cross-functional squads each consisting of Engineering, Product and Design. Autonomy, trust and transparency are the key values upon which our culture is built, this is directly reflected in how our designers operate on a day-to-day basis. At Pennylane, designers are expected to actively contribute all the way from defining the problem space, to research and testing.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Product Designer (mobile) to join Pennylane. As a Product Designer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the user experience of our mobile application. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in designing mobile apps, who understands the intricacies of creating intuitive and visually appealing interfaces. Collaborating closely with our dedicated team of developers and Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the way our users interact with our innovative financial services. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional user experiences and thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you.
Conduct user research: Engage in user interviews, surveys, and usability testing to gain insights into user behaviours, needs, and pain points, and translate those findings into actionable design improvements.
Create wireframes and prototypes: Use tools like Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD to produce wireframes and interactive prototypes that effectively communicate the user flow, information architecture, and interaction patterns of the mobile app.
Design intuitive and visually appealing interfaces: Craft user-centric designs that enhance the overall usability and aesthetics of the mobile application, ensuring a seamless and delightful user experience.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with dedicated developers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to understand technical constraints, align on project goals, and iterate on designs based on feedback and insights from the team.
Conduct design reviews: Participate in design critiques and provide constructive feedback to improve the quality and effectiveness of design solutions, within the Product Design team, squad and the business.
Conduct usability testing: Plan and execute usability tests to validate design decisions, identify areas for improvement, and refine the user experience of the mobile application.
Good communication skills in both French and English languages are required.
WHAT you can expect from your role at Pennylane:
Onboarding: read more about it here
- You’ll learn everything about our company, our teams and our vision during the first onboarding week.
- You’ll get acquainted with the people you will work with : the Design team, Lead within your track, and of course, our users.
- You will start to feel comfortable within the SME track and the Mobile squad (~5 people).
- You'll be joining mobile squad, working closely with Lucie, Product Manager and reporting to Paul, Product Design Manager.
- You'll demonstrate experience in product design for mobile applications, specifically in a B2B context.
- You'll thrive on uncovering and solving complex problems by leveraging data and insights within the mobile app design process.
- You'll be fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and engaged design team culture.
- You'll be comfortable effectively communicating design concepts and future directions to senior stakeholders, inspiring positive action within the team.
- You'll portray that collaboration is at the core of your approach. You’ll enjoy working closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers, actively seeking and valuing feedback while actively participating in brainstorming sessions to generate innovative ideas.