Are you an accomplished fundraising leader with experience of delivering successful digital mass market
fundraising acquisition campaigns and strategies?
Do you have strategic, budgetary and project management experience in digital fundraising?
Can you make an incredible difference to our ability to grant wishes to critically ill children by leading
our integrated fundraising strategy and generate sustainable income and help us grant a wish to every
Make-A-Wish International is looking to significantly increase our digital engagement with new and
existing supporters to achieve our mission. We are seeking a digital fundraising specialist to lead the
organization’s acquisition and integrated fundraising, and community outreach operations. The role is
responsible for developing and delivering a strategy for generating long-term sustainable growth,
maximizing income, and developing a supporter-centric fundraising model.
You will need to have experience of developing and delivering mass market supporter acquisition
campaigns and be motivated by today's fundraising challenges to deliver innovative, collaborative, and
creative fundraising plans and strategies which deliver results.
You will deliver effective acquisition campaigns across bought marketing channels, to build
consideration, prompt action and drive income through the acquisition of regular giving donors. You will
also role will help to deliver donor fundraising targets by leading acquisition activity and on our paid
digital channels, informed through data, insights, and continued testing.
As the Director of Integrated Digital Fundraising, you will provide strategic direction and leadership to
enable Make-A-Wish International to meet (and wherever possible exceed) its fundraising targets.
Growing income from the existing and new donors based on appropriate management and retention of
existing donors through a multilingual and multi-channel program – the main aim being to acquire new
donors and prospects, keep donors loyal, offer new engagement opportunities and increase their value.
You will have experience of working at the international level, with individual giving teams in multiple
territories and collaborating with communications and marketing professionals. You will also have
experience of working with teams to deliver compelling content, stories, and products to build
commitment and loyalty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• As the Director of Integrated Digital Fundraising, you will provide strategic direction and
leadership to enable Make-A-Wish International to meet (and wherever possible exceed) its
• Develop and implement a comprehensive multi-channel digital fundraising strategy to sustain
and grow revenue, recognition, and community engagement.
• Lead on driving acquisition and retention of individual supporters, ensuring that plans, new
products, and propositions are evidence based and achieve long-term benefit to Make-A-Wish.
• Collaborate with team members and work groups across the organization.
• Develop and manage the annual fundraising target and budget and work plan; monitor and
report progress and performance.
• Oversee the planning, implementation, and performance of direct response and brand
• Oversee the design for and implementation of internal and external community engagement
• Ensure the strong management of donor database and prompt, accurate acknowledgment, and
recognition of contributions.
• Oversee public outreach activities, including advertising and media campaigns, engagement and
event strategies, and other digital activities.
• Ensure donor management systems are optimized and underlying donor cultivation strategies
are supported through effective technology and best practices.
• Engage the CEO, board members, and staff in activities as appropriate.
• Participate in strategic planning and implementation activities.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
• Model a leadership style that is open, supportive, accountable, and encouraging to staff,
engaging with team members as respected colleagues.
• Directly manage, mentor, and optimize the performance of the Digital Fundraising team
including the digital fundraising manager, donor supporter manager and data insight lead, as
well as managing relationships with third parties and agencies.
• Recruit for open team positions, crafting a collaborative dynamic and complementary skills,
styles, and expertise.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Have extensive experience in the fundraising sector, with a particular focus on individual giving
and other mass fundraising income streams (ideally within an international NGO). Proven
success in delivering these programmes with demonstrated financial results.
• Be highly experienced in developing digital fundraising strategies and plans, as well as
developing and delivering multi-channel and multi-product supporter acquisition and
• Have strong financial acumen and experience with complex multi-year budget setting and
• Experience of working in an advisory role with a diverse range of seniority levels and markets
• Solid knowledge and experience in email marketing and marketing automation at international
• Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and
multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
• Understanding of legal data governance issues and obligations around Data Protection/ Privacy
• 8+ years of leadership experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing and
communications, in progressively more responsible roles.
• Proven success designing and implementing long-range strategy and annual tactics to achieve or
exceed revenue and recognition goals.
• Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills; ability to develop and monitor work plans and
• Experience simultaneously managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience overseeing digital and print acquisition, fundraising, and awareness efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to acquire, cultivate, solicit, steward, and elevate donors.
• Expertise developing and/or deploying data to inform strategy and tactics.
• Superior communications skills, written and verbal.
• Demonstrated commitment to working among and serving alongside a diverse community.
• Pre-employment background check screening required.