PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
More than 2000 national staffs
Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in Sudan
Our mission in Sudan has been open since 2020. PUI develops its integrated approach with health and nutrition. Furthermore, PUI works on launching health and nutrition activities in support to existing health facilities in the surroundings of refugee camps, supporting local communities, refugees and asylum seekers
What about the Consortium Coordinator - Sudan ? As Consortium Coordinator, under the direct management of PUI Deputy Head of Mission for Programs and the joint management of the Consortium Steering Committee, your key objectives will be to make sure that the consortium project activities are implemented in a coordinated, efficient, effective, timely and qualitative manner. You will be the guarantor of effective and qualitative internal and external information management according to internal consortium agreed guidelines and donor requirements. The Consortium will be led by PUI, in partnership with one or several partners, and you will ensure the synergy among all them. You will aim to maximize the sectoral and geographical scope of the integrated approach that partners implement separately, as well as to enhance the quality and impact of their humanitarian action by combining resources, complementary expertise and access.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Multi-Agency Team coordination and external representation : You will make sure that all teams (support, technical, implementation…) involved in the consortium project activities are held accountable on their objectives pertaining to the consortium project and alert the Consortium Steering Committee on issues faced.
- Program coordination : You will ensure the activities are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators, in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs.
- Strategy definition : You will contribute to the regular assessment of the needs, analysis of the situation, re-orientation of the project according to all partner strategies. You will also advocate towards partners, donors or any third party to prioritize consortium project agenda.
- Support coordination : You will ensure regular follow up of financial, logistic and HR means and resources allocated to the project.
- Grants, audit and compliance management : You will coordinate with relevant partners persons the audit responsible, spot check, or other type of control, and ensure respect of donor grants award contract as well as Partnership agreements.
The challenges that await you :
- Challenging security context,
- recurrent crises and outbreaks
- a growing portfolio of projects and new teams to train and support
- Given the difficulties to obtain Sudan visa for now, the position will be based in Amman for an undetermined period.
What you will need to succeed
You hold a Master’s degree in project management, political sciences, international development, humanitarian studies, public administration, social science or relevant areas, or have an equivalent professional experience.
You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role and/or areas of multi-sector program coordination, have an experience in directly supervising and coordinating diverse teams (implementation/quality teams) and in coordinating multi-agency teams and/or interventions. All the better if you have a past work experience and/or knowledge of donor compliance requirements. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
Knowledge and skills
You have a strong knowledge of donor requirements (procedures, reporting…), a solid experience in writing, reviewing and editing narrative and financial reports, an excellent attention to detail, and an extensive knowledge in Project Cycle Management (including activities, budgets, logistics…). You also have a strong experience in negotiation and diplomacy, and a previous experience in managing teams with no direct hierarchy link.
You have a proven capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information and technical data, are able to write and edit reports under deadline pressure and to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You have good communication skills for public presentations, are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization, proven management abilities, as well as problem solving and leadership skills. You can work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload, and have a willingness to live and work in insecure/secluded environment with strong movement restrictions. Also, regular field visits (if security allows) to implementation areas are necessary, you will travel significantly within the country. You have strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, database management software, statistical packages, and GIS.
You must have strong command in writing and editing documents in English. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.A word from the manager« « You will be part of a professional, dynamic and committed Team, providing critical, life-saving health and nutrition services to people affected by repetitive displacements and conflicts. If you are passionate about humanitarian work, have experience in consortium coordinaiton, are a good team player, and have a positive attitude, we want to hear from you! » »